Vision and Mission Statement
The Mission of the Harmony Union School District is to provide for the academic, social, and emotional growth of children in a challenging, creative and safe environment. Harmony Union School District will empower students to become life-long learners able to make informed decisions, become productive citizens, and responsible stewards of the environment.
Our Values as an Educational Community
As educators we all believe:
- Students leaving our schools will demonstrate respect for themselves, for their peers, adults, and all living things, the environment and their school.
- We are all responsible and accountable for our actions.
- All children can and want to learn.
- We will inspire children to become enthusiastic life-long learners; the whole community shares the responsibility for life-long education of all students.
- Our students and staff will demonstrate compassion and tolerance.
- With our help, our students will make meaningful connections between their education and their environment.
- Our students will learn and appreciate the value of a healthy lifestyle.
Our Vision for this Educational Community
- Our staff will teach to the skill levels, learning styles, and cultural uniqueness of each of our students and utilize hands-on activities and technology through integrated instruction.
- As the foundation of the school curriculum, place-based learning will enable our students to become effective stewards of their environment. In this process students will become critical and creative thinkers, effective communicators, and problem solvers.
- Students will develop skills necessary to live a healthy lifestyle through comprehensive counseling, school garden, health and Physical Eduction programs.
- Our schools will encourage and support parents in being active partners within the school community and to provide a supportive learning environment at home.